On September 28th, 2015, Vietnam Railways and Hanoi Telecom signed a memorandum of cooperation to develop online utility services called Railway Box.
Railway Box has 7 key features include:
- Food and drink order (on train or local dishes at the station where the train passes);
- Online shopping (specific products of regions along the railway);
- Free entertainment such as movies, music, games, news...;
- Provide travel information such as landmarks, people and cultural, food, festivals...;
- Book tour, hotels, taxi ...;
- Update information of the train journey;
- Book ticket and pay via mobile phone;
The project is divided into 2 phases. Phase 1 from September 2015 to January 2016, is to research and program the 3 first features. Phase 2 from February 2016, complete the remaining applications.